Be part of Kingsport’s fifth Drive Electric Event https://driveelectricweek.org/, Thursday afternoon 4-7pm, September 15th, 2016 at Eastman Corporate Business Center, 301 S. Wilcox Dr. Over 20 owners with their Electric Vehicles (EV’s) plan to be there. This event is part of the fifth annual National Drive Electric week taking place in more than 150 cities nationwide and is an opportunity to promote the many benefits of plug-in vehicles. Over 450,000 plug-ins are on the road in the United States.
In Kingsport, our Celebration of National Drive Electric Week will include:
- EV test rides
- Owner stories, cars and information
- Popcorn & waters
- EcoLogical Solar Systems and solar owners showing emission free driving
- Dent Worx with Eastman Llumar Window Films reducing solar heat gain.
- Dealer cars from Wallace Nissan, Courtesy Chevrolet & Rick Hill BMW
- $5 off coupons for lunch at Cranberry’s to first 50 test riders.
We are getting the word out that EV’s are a viable way to replace gasoline.
- Good for America – With the USA still importing nearly half of all oil, EV’s run on 100% locally made power. This keeps our money here paying American workers.
- Good for Drivers – Driving electric is like getting gasoline for $.85/gal. EV’s give better acceleration, handling and a smoother, quieter ride over traditional gas cars.
- Better for Environment – Even if an EV is powered by mostly coal fired power, the emissions are half that of a gasoline car. If powered by solar an EV is emission free.